View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #303
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Late to the party as always, but binged season 3 yesterday. I wish the shows could add a few more minutes, but then again, I'm used to watching hour long shows.
I was mad at the cliffhanger ending, I really wanted one more episode, just one.
I know they have the history and all, but I'm not rooting for Steve here.
I think it came off the wrong way in the first half of season one. It seemed like he had no regard for her husband's passing in the premiere, telling her when she is ready they should go out again. Then in the episode at the Giants game he referred to her as "his woman" when she was there with Matt and her family. After that the character reverted back to an older version of what we knew him as. The only reason they are not together is the one guarantee in a reunion was D.J. and Steve would be married, but wait there was a need for a full blown sequel series. That meant D.J. would be the one it would center around and that would leave Steve dead. Steve was too popular to be dead so the creative team made up a firefighter D.J. would have dated while at Berkeley and Steve only took D.J. on a one off date to her senior prom instead of getting back together as Full House indicated in its final scene. To get them together it was done in poor taste to begin with but changed to favor them better as the show progressed.

Neighbors predicted this long and widening road that a sequel series created instead of a television movie. Matt can have C.J.