View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #502
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
hardwick just looked like a phony, fake nerd. and more like a used car salesman/business man selling snake oil. I've always hated how he took something that was so personal to people and basically corporatized it and sucked its soul dry.
that, and I NEVER understood how he basically rose out of the gutter over night from basically nowhere, and then was suddenly EVERYWHERE, hob nobbing with the worlds biggest stars and getting some very rare guests on his podcast that didn't show up anywhere else, and then wasted the opportunity big time.... like rick moranis (where he talked more about himself than moranis, BTW).
I have always been relatively indifferent to him, but be realistic. If it wasn't him, it would have been someone else. The guy did not wake up & decide he would seek to be paid for making light of your special interests. He was given the position by executives & casting directors who found him to be charismatic, attractive, & somewhat in-touch with the media he would be a commentator of. This is how the television industry works, Vegita-San. What you may deem "real" fans or "true" geeks, however you wanna label it, they lack the qualities that make them relatable/charming to regular people. He's not there to impress you with his pop culture know-how, he's doing a job.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy