View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #714
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Maybe some of these things are true but we know a lot of them are false, either from reading the comics or doing research into the pre-production of the toyline. And some claims are contradicted by the voice actors and producers, while other would logically be up to other staff/producers/censors.
I agree. I'll still defend his work and what he did for TMNT although there are things you mentioned which sound untrue coming from David. I was looking at this interview and in terms of Krang I did find this quote by David:

You created a monumental character and story with Kraang, how did the idea of a giant brain who is also a warlord from Dimension X? Was it something you looked for in the original comic series?

The story behind the bad guys (Krang and Shredder) HAD to be monumental because there had to be enough material to potentially support 65 episodes (nobody dreamed at the time it would go on to six-zillion or whatever it wound up being). I always try to pull as much material from the original subject matter as possible, to maintain a feeling of fidelity to the original, but mainly because I’m lazy, so naturally I looked to the comics for material. But I didn’t find much, beyond “the Shredder” and the visual appearance of the Utroms, who inspired the look of Krang.

https://www.************************...series-writer/

This site doesn't like my link for some strange reason, just add the franchise name where those stars are, then .com. Not sure if it answers one of your questions but that's what he says on Krang.

He created one of my favourite cartoon shows of all time that made me like the franchise but I manage to separate the personality he has to his work. As a person I don't find him very nice and I'm sure he doesn't like me for my 'reading comprehension difficulties'. Yikes come on David I'm dyslexic, trying my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I have heard he's not a great guy. Why would you seek his attention at all? Because he once worked on something you enjoyed? That seems silly.
Well I thought he was cool to start off with but if you've ever heard how Harlan Ellison speaks to his fans some people love his rudeness, other snowflakes like me can't handle it.

Quote:
Moral being: People who don't like you are best avoided, even if you still like or admire them. You're never going to "win them back", and any attempts to persuade them simply make one look foolish and desperate. You can be "polite" all day long and they're just going to use it against you.
I'll give one more example. Many months back I messaged David to wish him a late happy birthday. His response? "It's not". I explained I was a few weeks late and just found out. No response from him. That's David.

Quote:
I'd be afraid to ask him what time it was, as he'd probably try and convince me that he invented the watch.
He'd probably ask why you're asking a stupid question. Talking to David is like talking to a more angry version of Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. He's the kind of guy that points to trivia about a film or TV show and then says "Didn't you know that?! Didn't you know that?! Duh!"

Last edited by pferreira; 11-06-2018 at 01:44 PM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote