View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Always. Mentors, idols, etc should be a force for change for kids/people who look up to them and want to emulate something about them.

It is NEVER a random peer's job, duty, obligation, or right to try to force change in someone else, and certainly not through bullying. We don't accept it among adults, so I don't know why we look away when it's kids.

If I didn't like a co-worker, should it be my place to bully them until they change into someone I do like? Wtf, no. It is no one's job to become someone I like. (Even if that person is themselves an asshat.) It is not a crime that they exist within your presence as a person you don't enjoy being near. To think we should try to force someone to change what they can't - and shouldn't even have to** - because their presence is somehow an affront to our existence is ridiculous. Anyone who acts otherwise truly thinks the world revolves around them and belongs to them.

Should we bully a bully until they become a nicer person? Oh that'll work real well.

**Save for things they've become that are harmful to them, like drug addiction. But bullying is no good there either and is never a useful tool.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote