View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 07:20 PM   #30
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, we can say it's totally not Lt. Colonel Hughes! He's totally not going to die next episode and break the hearts of everyone on screen! Not after the heartbreak of Charlie's death!

There is another issue with Krang dying from a narrative standpoint. And that issue is Ch'rell.

Ma'riell has already said that he's obsessive; she was concerned about telling him Krang was in prison. And while it would be a pretty amazing scene for her to try telling him he's dead while in terror of what he'll do, it wouldn't work.

If he had been introduced earlier, it would work better. But we know nothing of their relationship except for what little Fugitoid and Ma'riell have said about him. Basically, Krang's hyper-loyal dog. Which means Ch'rell would end up being very little except for "that guy trying to avenge Krang". Which would only give him "Inigo Montoya Syndrome". Which he, as a military official, would know that is a bad thing to have because of what you're supposed to do with yourself after revenge.

From a narrative standpoint, I feel like Ch'rell trying to free Krang from prison/banishment would be a lot more interesting than wanting revenge for his death. And honestly, a lot less sad too. You don't want to introduce a character and feel bad for him the whole time. You feel bad for him later and only in a few appropriate moments. As it was with Krang. And Shredder.

Basically, it doesn't feel like an awesome way to introduce a character by telling him that his leader and..."close friend?" close friend is dead. In prison? Sure. But telling him he's dead is a little overboard.

(I feel like I'm not really articulating myself well, all this sounded a lot better in my head).

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-24-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote