View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #67
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
“My version of Casey Jones is really incomplete,” says Amell before going on to explain that this take on the character, known for wielding weapons such as golf clubs, hockey sticks and baseball bats, may be different from what fans expect. “We meet Casey Jones at a very different point in his life than most people that are familiar with the live-action version of Casey Jones. He’s not really that guy yet,” explains Amell.
Then they better be doing what I've hoped and drag it out to where he does at least BECOME that character at some point, by either the end of the film (which sounds too fast and forced...) or have intentions of evolving the character through further films, if it has more.

To show the evolution of the character could be interesting imo, I can deal with drawing it out like that as long as he does at some point end up as a legit Casey. But being a known character, they kinda need to let people in on those intentions if it's there. Telling people to "just wait" isn't going to cut if it they just end up looking like they're making stupid choices instead. (And if that is too deep for them to come up with on their own, well film makers there's an idea, take it, it's on the house.)

If he doesn't turn into a true Casey... Why are such pretentious people even allowed to make films.

Hate to say it though, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get loads of backstory with so many characters added since last time they had to give April and Sacks' one.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-30-2015 at 03:49 PM.