View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 11:53 PM   #52
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I agree, maybe MJ in her Spider-Costume from the new RYV series will be an extra outfit for the already available "Spider-Island" MJ.
I'd go for that if I could play the game.

Quote:
They are, and there's a "Symbiote Invasion" event coming up. I don't play the game either, but someone who does over on Comicvine and the Crawlspace forums keeps the fans informed of what goes on.
I'm really starting to envy players now.

Quote:
I saw various trailers earlier in the year that unfortunately confirm we're getting the Parker Industries storyline, and the Superior storyline has already dealt with setting that up.
Okay, maybe I don't envy them that much.

In all seriousness, though, it makes sense that they would want to include that, and I could see how it could be a fun update to the game; it could mean more suit options and gadgets for gameplay and more international locations to set the game sessions. Thinking it over, I have to admit that it sounds like more fun, at any rate, then just reading about it in a comic book. (Hope they keep Peter and MJ dating in the game, unlike the comics.)

In regards to something you posted before:

Quote:
MJ having powers [in the RVY ongoing] implies the events of Spider-Island happened and Peter just never cured her like he did in the original, but that's just guess work.
I never did read "Spider-Island," so I could be off, but I'm not sure if that's the answer on two counts. First of all, I thought that the spider virus started with the victims gaining Spider-Man powers, but then they turned into monsters (per the Secret Wars "Spider-Island," which took place in the reality where it ran unchecked). That would make it seem unlikely that MJ would be able to use the virus to gain her powers.

Secondly, could the Spider-Island incident even happen in the RYV world? The original comic story was set in the post-OMD Spider-Man setting, meaning it was arguably in a different timeline than the one that RYV branches off of. I was even under the impression that the original RYV miniseries took place in a timeframe after "Spider-Island.

Now, I suppose that they could just say that "Spider-Island" happened under different circumstances and that Peter made a different cure for MJ that let her keep the powers with none of the bad side effects. Although I think that would be one of the better ways to give MJ powers, I have to admit that it seems a little complicated, esp. as it depends on a comic series that readers may or may not know. (In fact, my first guess is that MJ's powers are tied into some variation of Regent's tech.)
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote