View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #13
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Insane collection. So how many years all together has it taken to have all of this?

And do you know just about every person behind these films, or are you just really really good at finding them and talking them into letting you have stuff? I mean, geeze. I'm envious of people who have such connections.

Think the only thing I've ever come across hunting around online was what is supposedly 2016 Casey's shirt... I'm surprised there isn't more known to be out there from either film. (Though in my own poking around I think there is a lot that was rented from prop companies that was returned to them.) But I'm kind of shocked that at the very least the whereabouts of the Turtle van/truck from those films are unknown.

Far as I understand I think props supposedly exist for the Turtle's weapons for up close shots. I did figure out the/a weapons prop company that supplied for one or both films, including I believe having created Leo's swords (and supplied the background ones hung on the wall behind his bed in 2016). (One of his swords from either of those films is the one and only prop I wish I could own one day, but I doubt that will ever turn up... ) You'd think if 2014/16 stuff belonged to TMNT fans specifically they might have been shown off by now, huh?
Over the years I have become good friends with both of the films property masters, and several foot actors.
I don't work in the industry. Several of the crew I sent a message on Facebook and struck up a conversation with.
I've flown out to North Carolina to meet them and to visit many of the filming locations,
Since nothing really pops up for sale in the public market, reaching out to cast and crew is really the only way to find these pieces of history.

My goal is to contact the mo pop museum in Seattle and to have an exibit to temporarily display everything for the 30th anniversary. I'd love for more fans to see the props in person.
tmntgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote