View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 02:39 PM   #425
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
It's not the figure, it's the design. Too busty for my tastes. Yeah that probably makes me weird, I've just never been able to get behind overly sexualized portrayals of women created by men. I find it embarrassing and sad, like they haven't grown past the middle school phase of sketching "pretty ladies" in their notebook.
I'd argue that bust size isn't relevant to any of that and wish people would stop equating bust size to sexualization, but Renet's outfit does seem to be meant to be sexy (to an extent, at least, being a one-piece swimsuit with a cape). If her bust was smaller, that wouldn't change that, though.

I know you're not trying to soapbox, as you said, and I apologize if it comes off like I'm doing the same or being too reactionary, but people seeing a woman's chest as automatically sexual and, even worse, determining a level of sexuality based purely on its size, is one of my own personal pet peeves. We can't control what our bodies look like (outside of surgery), ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I am wondering if NECA will repaint the bandanas and re-release the Lawson Turtles as "Archie Turtles" with a different wash on them at some point?
While that could be done, they'd also have to add the belt buckles. Even so, that's not a look most people associate with Archie TMNT. It seems far more likely they'd do new sculpts based off of Ken Mitchroney's art.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote