View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #52
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post

Yeah, the conjoined twins thing didn't bother me in the slightest, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm thinking more in terms of the kids - many of them wouldn't understand what was going on. Garbageman wasn't popular - I didn't like him either. Perhaps you're right in saying that was a reason for it being canned.

SAINW is just brilliant, could rewatch that episode again and again. It's pretty similar to the Gargoyles ep involving time travel, as well as Days of Future Past.

What your mum said to you may only have been half-serious, but lots of parents would have genuinely meant it. I mean I was 21 at the time and even I found it pretty shocking - I can imagine it may have been upsetting for some kids - although you were 12 at the time the show came out, right? Did you watch the show years afterwards?

Either way, I love the show. I'm gonna log out in about half an hour and go watch some more of it, as well as some more Hannibal. This is my favourite cartoon of all time, even beating Justice League TAS and Batman TAS.
No idea if it's on UK Netflix, since I don't have access to anything but US Netflix on my PS3, which is where I do most of my watching. :V

Yeah, Garbageman wasn't a popular character or episode [though I liked the episode and didn't feel strongly either way about the character] and given the, uh, gross-ness of his appearance, the conjoined twin thing was probably more grotesque than it needed to be. That'd be my guess as to why that never went through. It's a bit of a shame, though, since I would have liked some fleshing out of that particular villain [and more fleshing out of Hun is always good too].

And oh yeah I'm well aware. I was big on DBZ when it got popular too and so many kids I knew had parents that forbade them from watching it! When I started watching it, I actually tried to hide it from my parents for fear I wouldn't be allowed to watch it either.

My dad's a martial artist though so violent cartoons don't bother him in the slightest [and I myself had been taking karate classes since I was 8] and mom just knew I wouldn't try to beat people up ["never fight unless someone else starts" indeed] so as far as she was concerned there was no harm in me watching stuff like that. When I was a kid she'd even repeatedly ask me when the right time to fight was, just to make sure I knew always saying stuff like "I don't want to be called up to the school to take you home if you give some kid a bloody nose... UNLESS they hit you first."

Anyway, yeah, I actually didn't watch too much of 2k3 when it first aired. Something I kinda regret, haha. I actually didn't sit down and marathon it until muuuuuuch much later, so I was exposed to most of the series as an adult. It's definitely my favourite western animated show out there, barely beating ATLA.