View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 06:09 PM   #72
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I'll agree with you about Playmates not caring about adult collectors. But they are a toy company. And adult collectors are an extremely niche market compared to the millions of kids running around that LOVE the Turtles once again thanks in part to Playmates' toys. But the good news is that since Viacom bought the property, we get to have it both ways. Playmates can continue to put out toys for kids. And adults can still support NECA, SH Figurarts, Revoltech and any of the other companies that have taken a shot at the line in the last few years. And if Playmates' products don't appeal to you, that's fine as well. Because they aren't made for you.
The problem with this, is most of this stuff appeals to me less on different levels. No matter how phenomenal it may look, I don't want to spend $100+ on a 12" figure that's just gonna sit in one spot and take up space. That's just not my thing. Even a 6" at $60 is too much for me. And these companies do even less than Playmates does. OH LOOK IT'S ALL FOUR TURTLES AGAIN and maybe a Shredder that'll get canceled or delayed 100 times.

I'd gladly pay $15ish for something at Playmates figure scale but is better sculpted and articulated even if just a little, no matter who makes it. Or hell, I want some 3.75" scale figures to match the rest of my collection. It sucks that collectors of that scale literally just have four model kits for this series.

It shouldn't be this hard to make a product that appeals to more than one demographic.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 04-26-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote