View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #118
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
and even...
C: let the kids doctor decide to say something and make recommendations
D: as a parent model healthy eating habits like more vegetables and fruit and not so much junk in the house, less beer and cigarettes as a parent. Make it a family rule to treat you bodies in healthy ways and model it. The “do what I say not what I do” mentality just makes more work for you as a parent.
E: let your kid talk to you about school and practice what they would do when bullied or being rejected by peers. Maybe go on a walk for exercise and have this talk.
F: answers B through E
Are you an actual parent? You seem extremely sensible and likeminded.

And I give tons of sh!t to my friends and siblings. So much sh!t. There's a difference between being a peer and being a parent. You can't treat your child the way you treat your buddy, because your child is going to receive those words and take them to heart. Your buddy's not gonna be offended if you tell him, "Hey, nice manboobs, chubba-chubba!" Or if he is, he'll fire back, "Damn straight, Larry! Your pencil of a girl wishes she had my cleavage!"

But a kid is different. Any parent SHOULD be able to tell you so. But as today's generation of psychopathic attention-seeking shooters will show you, parents are failing.