View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 02:09 AM   #53
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I think April's father should've been Splinter in these movies and I still would've liked it if better if Eric Sachs was the Shredder.

I don't mind the learning from a book idea so much, despite it being pretty out there even by tmnt standards, and I couldn't care less if Shredder and Splinter were not Japanese, but atleast make them interesting.

If Splinter was April's father and he witnessed the burning of his labratory (as well as the supposed death of his daughter in the fire), there would be alot more weight to the Splinter vs Shredder rivalry rather than just Shredder being a random accomplince to Sachs who happens to stumble upon the path of the turtles.
FredWolf, I am imagining Cubed's face when he wakes up and sees this
I don't want to see Shredder not Japanese either though especially given the character origin. Agreed that they could have had more to them though.

I was new to TMNT (only vague memory of it before then) when I saw these but I remember thinking it seemed at bit weak that their master learned it from a book, and one single book? at that,. not that more books and DVDs would have been a lot better though

Last edited by newfan; 05-11-2018 at 08:40 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote