View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #26
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's an interesting hang-up, the circumcision thing. What's your basis? Feel free to discuss it privately if you'd rather, I'm just curious.

I've heard people theorize it traumatizes the kid but I have some really vivid memories going back to really early and that's not one of them, so I kind of call BS on that theory. Again, just curious.
Nah, it's got nothing to do with traumatizing (I highly doubt anyone who was cut as a baby remembers it - if they do, it's a rare case). Speaking non-religiously, the whole argument for having the operation done is that it's supposed to be cleaner. Statistically, dudes who are cut vs. uncut have a minimal difference in that department, because all you need to do is wash yourself. It might take more work with the extra skin, but hey, that's better than getting it snipped off permanently, if you ask me. It does have its benefits.

I can honestly think of zero legitimate benefits from being circumcised, to be totally honest. My biggest gripe is that the parents have all the say and the kid has none. It's true that the guy probably won't remember it (or the pain) if it's done as an infant, and that's probably the parents' logic a lot of the time. But, if he's older and actually has the option himself of whether to do it or not, odds are he won't do it. I mean, if you're born with it, it must not be a total burden, right? (trying very hard to avoid ranting...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, the competitive battling aspect of Pokemon annoys me greatly, especially the elitists over at Smogon. I don't know how those guys memorize stats, EV traits, pokemon movesets, mathematical equations between which is better than which, etc.

They turn what a fun RPG is into some elitist competitive battling nonsense.
Heh, yeah, it's startin' to get that way for me, too, unfortunately. I'm definitely at the point where I pay attention to natures, EVs, IVs, what have you. And I basically know the power and accuracy of every single move. So I can't honestly complain about Smogon without being somewhat of a hypocrite.