View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I want to discuss the episode where Nick apparently derived the mutant character Pigeon Pete from in the new show. As you know this is the episode where Mike has a pet pigeon named Pete. Somehow someone at Nick must have been fond of this episode to pluck such an obscure "character" from the middle of Season 4 and make it into a mutant.

Anyway I think this is one of the better, "mad scientist" episodes of Season 4. What I love most is of course the title, "What's Michaelangelo good for?" Its an excellent episode where Mike has to prove his worth to the team as the other Turtles are captured and Splinter tells him to go on his own to rescue them. I love how he has to travel through a mindfield of lilipads, get attacked by robots and use his own skills to find the secret lair of the villain.

This episode also features the first major African American female of the show, Doctor Goodfellow. I really liked her character and I wish she appeared in more episodes. I wonder if there was something significant of her being the first black female with a major role in the show.

The mad scientist in this episode reminded me of Hugo Strange from Batman, and I liked the way he was genetically splicing different animals together. This episode had fantastic animation and the huge fight scene with Donatello using a laser projectile to destroy a bunch of robots was fantastic.

This episode is one of the best mad scientist episode of the series, and proves you could do one of those episodes right. (My other favorite one of the season was the one with Prof. Sopho).
She can't have been the first African American in the show if you count ordinary people on the street?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote