View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #35
The Deadman
Foot Elite

‘The Predator’ Main Character Revealed and it’s Not Schwarzenegger

Quote:
Shane Black was recently interviewed about The Predator, the upcoming fourth entry in the franchise that began back in 1987, and he released a very important detail that casts doubts on whether or not we’ll be seeing the return of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s “Dutch”.

“The name I’ve given the [hero] in ‘Predator’ right now is Quinn Mackenna. And that may change,” Black tells Empire. So yes, it may change to Dutch but as of now it seems pretty obvious that this means Schwarzenegger isn’t committing to face the universe’s deadliest hunter any time soon.

Continuing his interview, Black brought up some really great points about the current status of films and how audiences absorb them.

We live in a culture where everyone’s like, ‘[I want to] know everything about it before it comes out, and I want to be able to see every moment, and I’m gonna go back and forth on the goddamn YouTube channel and get every goddamn moment and every Easter egg.’

[But] I’ll tell you a little bit about it. It’s an attempt to event-ize the ‘Predator’ and make it more mysterious. ‘The Predator’ has been so overdone in a way —very low budget with a guaranteed return, every couple of years there’s a knock off churned out. It’s gotta get to the point where people buy their tickets in advance instead of saying, ‘Oh honey look, another ‘Predator’ movie. No, Adam Sandler’s got this thing on TV, let’s do that instead.’

I want people to say, ‘’The Predator’ is coming, I know it’s coming, we want to see it, it’s mysterious, interesting, it’s got the same sense of wonderment and newness that ‘Close Encounters’ had when that came out.’ That’s what we want. That’s very impossible to achieve, but we’re going to try.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote