View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 10:16 AM   #7
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I know some people might bawk at this idea ... but I really wish that the TMNT games would return to a traditional 2D, beat-em-up style of game play. Falling in love with Sonic Mania this week made me really yearn for classic TMNT style of video games.
That would be great. They should make a new beat'em but tie it into the FW series explicitly. I'd love to see a faithful recreation of the FW series as a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Terrible idea. We can balk at it or not, but no one is going to buy such a thing in 2017. Super tiny business model consisting of maybe 1,000 nostalgiacs and hipsters.
The way you talk it's almost like Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight, Super Meatboy etc never happened. As Mikey might say "get with the program dude!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
This just proves how out of the loop you really are, you just live in your own little world and have no clue of what's going on in the video game scene, retro is the all the rage in the industry right now, even more so now that Sonic Mania managed to break the Sonic curse and the Crash trilogy being the best selling game for weeks in a row.
Retro games do really well, yes Andrew doesn't make much sense when he says they don't sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Well, to be fair, the original MMPR games back in the 90s weren't great brawlers either!
The first Snes game based of MMPR was good, the Mega Drive game based off the movie was pretty good as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's no way, say, "Mega Man 10" is doing the latest "Assassin's Creed" numbers, or anything. There is 0 appeal to anyone outside of our approximate generation.
Assassin's Creed was at the height of it's popularity when MM 10 came out and from what I understand it wasn't that great a game. You've unintentionally raised a really good point which is that games like AC and COD are slowly doing poorly due to saturation. No one really wants more of those games either judging by sales and reviews.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote