View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 01:35 PM   #24
sdp
-

Stan Lee will shill for whatever the company wants, like Steve Wozniak it's really hard to find them say something negative about anything. I read some headlines as if Stan Lee was mad that Captain America was hydra but the actual quote actually has him saying that it's interesting and things would surely go back to normal FAKE NEWS

I disagree with you however Galactus, while there will always be bigots and people who complain over any change whatsoever, this isn't the current problem and situation.

I think a lot of us love diversity in comics, we just don't like how it has been done recently. No one likes a marketing stunt being shoved down your throat and there are ways to do it right. Jaime Reyes and Miles Morales are excellent examples of them doing it right, changing Wally to black for no reason but "diversity" is retarded, especially since we don't even have that many redheaded heroes. DC actually fixed this now by having them both being cousins and existing in the same timeline or something like that. I had nothing against a black speedster until that black speedster replaced my favorite character and did not act like the character I loved. I can like him as a different character if he is interesting enough.

Stan Lee might change his opinion a lot but I agree completely with that quote, I want new characters who are interesting, not replacing established ones. Dwayne McDuffie and Todd Macfarlane thought like that which is why they created Static and Spawn and are loved. It doesn't matter that the comics started in the 60s, that's a weak excuse for poor writing and not wanting to take real risks.

And if you think they really mean it and aren't just pandering for sales then why not make Superman black or Captain America Latino, and not just for a quick comic arc? Now that would be change. It's more insulting that minorities can only be sidekicks or temporary in the role.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote