View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I generally like most of the old characters reimagined, whether they are similar to the originals or completely different. I like Nick Bebop, Rocksteady, Razhar, Tokka, Mona Lisa, Mondo Gecko, Muckman, Lord Dregg, Wingnut, Screwloose, Metalhead, Slash and Pigeon Pete.

The only types of characters I didn't like were the ones that had been firmly established in previous versions and then were nothing like the originals in the Nick show. These include Hun, Bishop and the worst offenders, the Neutrinos.

While characters like Razhar, Tokka, Slash and Pigeon Pete were also guilty of not being faithful to the originals, they weren't firmly established in the originals so it felt more natural for Nick to use them, hence why I like their reimaginings.

Characters like the Neutrinos on the other hand were very well established in their show and they left an Impression on the tmnt fandom, who would always associate the name with the characters portrayed in the FW toon. Using that name in the Nick toon for something completely unrelated felt very off, as did calling Nicks version of Mortu "Bishop" and just placing the Hun label on Bruce Lee.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote