View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #601
DSTZach
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPressApril View Post
Ooookay sorry. I honestly didn't realize that. I can't very well b!*^# you out for something that happened before you. No wonder you have no clue what I am talking about. Again, sorry. Tell Chuck that if he wants to recoup his prototyping cost for that original Silver Seven figure I will gladly pay what it cost him to prototype it, providing that it is still in good condition. It doesn't have to be a total loss for his company. I have to try lol.
I know what you're talking about, I just wasn't working here at the time, so I wasn't privy to all of the discussions. I may have covered them when I was at ToyFare magazine, but obviously I wasn't informed on company decisions at the time. BUT a quick bit of research showed me the price the first wave was ultimately offered at, $20 each, and I am fairly certain I have been told that the reason they and the final TOS wave of figures were not produced was due to orders.

We have offered figures on our website, but those were mostly variants -- not new sculpts, which require a very high quantity to cost out at the price we normally charge. I don't think we have ever sold more than a thousand of any item through our site.

And we do not sell prototypes, since they are produced under license from CBS, for the purposes of making product, and they not something we can simply sell. But each figure costs thousands of dollars to design, sculpt and paint, so mass-producing one is not something we walk away from easily and happily.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote