View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor

Dave Sim (no 's' on the end) has some strict rules that he has imposed on himself when it comes to comic books, and Cerebus in general. One of these, as I understand it, involves not signing contracts. Publishing a cross-over comic without signing a piece of paper concerning it is apparently a rare and not so easy thing to do. But it ended up working out for the original publishing of #8 and the books that reprinted that issue.

I believe Peter's decision in removing Cerebus from things has to do with this and assuming that it would be either impossible or a pain in the butt to legally be able to reprint that issue. However, if you read the letters page of Cerebus #300, Dave Sim addresses this issue to Peter and basically gives him freedom to reprint TMNT #8 however he would like to. (I think I might have a scan of this on my computer. I'll check and post it if I find it.)

It would actually be nice if Peter took this to heart and has scrapped plans to redo that issue. I think redoing the tones and letters for all of the books is insult enough, but to completely change an issue? Gimme a break.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote