View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
- Not a single returning voice actor or attempt to mimic live action cast.
They replaced whole voice cast members between the existing live action movies, this seems neither here nor there.

Quote:
- Not a single familiar musical cue.
False. The Splinter's theme/the family theme had quite a bit of audible callbacks to Splinter's theme in the first movie.

Quote:
- Completely different aesthetic design.
Well yeah, it's CGI. Though I think we'd have all preferred a more lifelike, Final Fantasy: Spirits Within-kind of aesthetic, I think that was well beyond the reach of their limited budget.

Quote:
- Not a single returning original character from the trilogy
Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo, April, Casey, Splinter. I count 7.

And I'm not sure they could have included Danny, or Tatsu, or Pennington any more than IDW or Nick can even if they wanted to (i.e., they legally can't). Last I heard those character rights were tied up with Golden Harvest or whatever.

Quote:
- Not titled TMNT 4.
Irrelevant. Even the horrible live action TMNT 4 we almost got with Kirby the Campy Turtle and Julie Strain as an enchantress from another dimension wasn't going to be called TMNT 4, but be TMNT: New Generation or various other things they were throwing around. At no time was "TMNT 4" ever the title to be, in any incarnation.

Quote:
- Clearly takes place in the mid-2000's, yet only 2-3 years have passed since the early 90's?
Lots of franchises play with time like that. A CGI TMNT 4 in 2007 set in, like, 1994 for the then-today's audience was never going to happen.

Quote:
- Splinter has both ears.
A particularly odd choice, sure, but hardly proof positive to throw out everything the director/writer has ever firmly affirmed about the film since before Day One.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-08-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote