View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:25 AM   #154
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Apocalypse was originally going to be Jennifer Lawrence's swan song as Raven/Mystique. However, she reveals why she decided to return for this film in an interview with Digital Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lawrence
"My contract was up, I didn't have to do another one, but if I didn't do another one, what would her story be?" she told Digital Spy.

"I felt like I owed it to the fans, and I owed it to the character to follow her journey, to be fair to the movies, and not be like, 'I don't want to do another X-Men!' And then I just never show up and everyone's very confused about the Mystique they've been following for the last three films."
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/x-m...stique-return/

She made a very good point in the last few sentences. I'm glad that she's coming back because Raven/Mystique and Katniss Everdeen are the roles that made me such a huge fan of her acting. Plus, if she could play the latter in four films, then she could do the same for the former. They are the roles that made her huge name in mainstream media. I also loved her performances in Silver Lining Playbook and American Hustle. Plus, it really feels more complete now that she, McAvoy, Fassbender and Hoult will have four films in this franchise under their belt like most members of the original cast did.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 05-07-2018 at 10:41 AM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote