View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #28
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I just finished reading the 2014 Annual for the 1st time. It wasn't all that good. Kinda boring to read through. Eastman's art is classic and all, but these days a full issue drawn by him doesn't feel all that special, especially with how much his style has changed. Not to mention the fact that his style isn't really a good fit for this series.
Interesting introduction for Renet, but having read Turtles in Time long before this I was kinda expecting more out of her first meeting with these turtles. Seeing Lord Simultaneous and the Battle Nexus return was neat. A main problem I have with this issue is that new guy. Renet's boyfriend or whatever. What was the point of adding him to the story? He didn't contribute much more than some exposition and some of his dialogue is just a chore to read through. He hasn't appeared since so I doubt we'll get anything out of his character.
Overall a decent issue. I would've been more ok with this issue and it's faults if I didn't have to pay full cover price for it three years later.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote