View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #79
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
The regressives are extremely aggressive and vocal at this point in time, but that doesn't mean they're winning in the long-term. We've seen enormous social change in society over the past several decades, which is a big part of why there's such an extreme pushback: they're scared. Both sides are, really. Regressives are scared because their strict view of the world and society is being challenged. Progressives are afraid because the rights and freedoms of the most marginalized are being threatened. (And I will always care more about the latter than the former.)
^^^
This.
A thousand times this.

A more welcoming world keeps people from being closeted.
Which in turn keeps them from pretending to be someone they're not, and doing something foolish like....oh I don't know, lying to someone they've made a life-long commitment to and blowing up that family dynamic emotionally as well as financially.

Defending the status quo hurts people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Transitioning don't cure depression or being constantly surrounded by bigoted jackwagons.

But, it's a myth that the majority of trans people that get SRS regrets it, and it reduces suicidality by 60-80%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
This deserves repeating. A lot. Not to mention that suicide/depression is reduced even further when the family is supportive of the transition .
I'm repeating it again, just because it's so important.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote