Thread: Heroes Con
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #12
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Yes, I did meet Kevin in '14. I stood in line for 4 hours and 10 minutes to see him, get an autograph, picture, and e minufes of conversation. It was worth it. I was lurking on this site while I waited and introduced the guy ahead of me to this TMNT community. That was the only year I went down on a Saturday instead of Friday so I could accomodate Kevin's appearance.

I met Pster Laird and Dan Berger in 2008, the only year the Mirage Group made it down.

Mike Dooney has come back solo ever since anx Eric Talbot starting last year.

I skipped out on Stan Lee too. It was not the wait obviously but the 100 plus price tag a college student like me could not afford at the time. I may regret in when Stan dies in a few years though as he is winding down his appearances. I got to meet both Nik Cardy and Dick Giordano at their final 3ver convention appearances.
I didn't even realize it cost extra to meet Stan. Dang that's pretty steep dude. I figured the line to Eastman would be insane too. If I were going to try and meet him I would just do the 2day thing so I could experience the rest of the con and then take one day to spend waiting in line if that's what it took to meet him. That's a LONG time to wait on someone. I saw a vid the other day of people waiting to meet Frank Miller and it looked like hundreds and hundreds of people were in his line. What's funny is that when I met Scott Snyder it was just me, him, and my buddy standing there talking. Now he doesn't even come to Heroescon anymore because he's too "big" for it or whatever. I think the only reason Matt Fraction comes is because he's from Charlotte and is still friends with the people that put it on. Pretty cool of him though. I remember a few years ago when he told me he was gonna start doing Hawkeye I was really pumped and then that run shot him in to the stratosphere.