View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 10:41 PM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's hard to judge Toys R Us for me as an adult but as a kid I absolutely loved it and it was easily my favorite toy store so it'll be a shame to see it go. I'm already sad I never got to visit the Time Square store that I saw as a kid in tons of movies, even if it was technically FAO Schwarz.

I think it really is the end of Toys R Us, it has been having trouble for nearly a decade now, this isn't even the first "scare" of TRU going away. So many memories, the last ones I had there as a kid were going to the Pokemon TCG League every saturday. Even KB Toys which I hated really left a hole when it left.

Amazon isn't only to blame though, kids buy less toys now and people shop online more, it's a mixture of both. I actually remember when Amazon used to fulfill TRU orders in the early 00's.

My TRU could be a bit slow in getting new stuff in and a lot of space was wasted that could've had more product but I still loved it. Sales were rare but I still found a few decent ones, got my first Mew there as well.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote