Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Juggalo. Big difference
Oops sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I have on occasion, due to my beliefs. Once I lost a job for unspecified reasons once it became known that I was Wiccan- it was at Hobby Lobby which apparently is very "Christian values" oriented. I've also had people try to convert me or "save" me when they learn of my particular faith. I also get asked to come to churches all the time, mainly by people who know what I am. While not discriminatory as such, it is somewhat offensive at times, especially from those who try to convince me I am "going to Hell" because I pray a different way than them. I've had a few who even thought I needed an exorcism! (Sorry, no I am not possessed by demons nor do I worship your god's arch-rival- the fact that mine is sometimes called "the Horned God" is merely an unfortunate misunderstanding by your ancestors, I assure you....)
I guess you live in a very religious area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Actually, it was just the teachers that I had for third, fifth and sixth grade who came across that way. Showing favoritism and all that. Mind you, I had the same teacher for fifth and sixth grade, because at the school I was attending then, both classes were combined except for math and French class, where another teacher would teach French.

When I was in fifth grade, the teacher held this contest on Valentines Day where those who wore the most red would get some sort of prize. All the girls won, and no boys did. That's kind of BS since pretty much all girls' clothing comes in red.

I was taking a summer enrichment class after I finished seventh grade and was going to be in eighth grade soon. One day, the teacher that we had for a course had us do an assignment. Then she wanted to know who was finished with their work. She went and said that all the girls are finished, and had to say something about how girls mature faster than boys. I may not have been done with my work then, but it wasn't like I had been screwing around or anything. For all she knows, some boys might have already finished by then, and were just going over their work. You never know what's going on. So I don't think there was any need for her to shame us.

You said that where you're from, a girl is more likely to be excused for talking in class. That reminds me of how one of my friends told me about how she got to visit her son's kindergarten class. She said that all the kids were talkative, but the teacher only went after the boys for talking so much, and my friend said that the girls were talking just as much.
Well dunno if it's a general thing, but every school I've been to, teachers were more likely to ask a male than a female student questions if I remember correctly. Also, male students were way more likely to raise their hands and answer a question made to the whole class. Maybe because males in general are expected to be more assertive or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
In some places of the US, you must give a legitimate reason to fire an employee, unless you live in a "Right to work" state.
I remember you mentioning that story of you getting fired before. That law sounds like something that only gives companies more power to abuse their workers.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote