View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
Cipher
I can't even with this

Oh, man. You really asked the right question for me. Get ready for some free-associative answers. I usually read things with music, including comics, so I've ended up with some albums pretty firmly rooted in my memory as being paired with certain books.

I don't even know how to explain this one, but for around six years now, Radiohead's "15 Step" has always made me think of "City at War" from the comics:

And "Bodysnatchers" from the same album of its climactic fight against the Foot Elite:

Really, most of that album. Again, no real connection other than thinking it fits tonally, I suppose. (Actually, maybe a little lyrical connection on the first one.)

Oh, also "Weird Fishes" for the entire Mirage series:

Finally, Animal Collective's "I Think I Can" evokes Turles for me, particularly Turtles Forever, as well. Maybe because they came out around the same time? And, again, I think they're a weirdly nice tonal fit:

Death in Vegas' The Contino Sessions album is my go-to reading soundtrack for Vol. 4. Particularly the track "Dirge," which has a beat almost reminiscent of the 1987 theme song, but obviously far more downbeat and strange.

Battles' Mirrored album is similarly my reading soundtrack for the early TMNT Adventures material.

Last edited by Cipher; 05-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote