View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 02:29 PM   #2088
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I don't "think" it was added, I "guessed" it was. I'm not betting it was if that's what you're saying. Regardless let's adress your arguments.
  1. 1. "Always planned". Considering they had one more season all about mini arcs, it's possible that the initial meeting was moved to season 4 to fill out the new quota, with the original intention being to have it be part of season five.
  2. "Old voice actors". How difficult could that have been? I mean, who are they, really? A regular cast member, Liquid Snake, some guy most frequently credited as "Additional voices" and two guys who might as well be retired? Yeah, real big shots right there...
  3. "2D scenes". Looked really rushed and not very difficult to animate, possible to make on relatively short notice.
  4. "CG models". Said this before, really creepy looking and possibly rushed.

Plus the fact that it really doesn't add much to the season itself and the script just feels like a lazy rehash of Turtles Forever. Again, I'm not betting it was, but out of the six episodes that couldn't have been part of the original season, that's one of my best guesses.
Didn't someone unveil that the FW Turtles were returning prior to season 4 at a Comic Con? Otherwise, despite me personally enjoying the episode, it did feel out of place and could've been done later in season 4.

As for your other choices, the only one I could see being practical is Tale of Tiger Claw. If Alopex returns, that is.

If she does, my guess is Revenge of the Triceratons or Tokka vs the World being included as a bonus, moreso the former.