View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 09:52 PM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

What a piece of sh*t.

It's a shame, he's always been pretty good at directing, but apparently he's always been like this. Gross.

I always knew that he had huge coke and crystal meth problems, and that he liked to "party" with guys who were not "quite" of age yet; none of that was ever a secret, but a lot of people assumed or heard that it was consensual, and/or that the kids weren't THAT young. Like I knew he f*cked 16-year olds, which is questionable but "sh*t happens"; I'd never heard about him giving coke and meth to 13-year olds and promising them parts in his movies.

It all makes sense in hindsight, and he's clearly horrible, but man. That's f*cked up.
--------------

This brings me back to a conversation I've had plenty of times, with plenty of people, about "at what price, fortune and glory?" and why ANY parent would ever allow their kid to be in the entertainment industry, knowing that people like this not only exist, but are The Rule and not the exception. I don't and never will have kids, but if I did, no amount of begging would make me let them anywhere near "The Business."

My sister often said that she'd love it if her daughter had "talent", so she could go to Hollywood, get rich and famous, and take care of her forever. I countered that with the fact that almost 100% of child entertainers are raped, abused, given drugs, and are completely ruined by having been in the business, and how could any parent with a conscience abandon their child to that kind of life? It's completely selfish and irresponsible.

"Well, you just have to try and stay involved and hope it doesn't happen." Bullsh*t, it's going to happen. Everyone from Shirley Temple to Alyssa Milano was raped/molested, it's the entire reason Hollywood wants to make so many movies and TV shows starring kids; because they want to f*ck them. It's completely transparent, yet after all these decades people still want to pretend it only happens "sometimes"? Yes, 99% of the time is still, technically, "only sometimes", but for F*CK'S sake, it's not even worth taking a risk.

I don't care if my hypothetical kids hated me for "ruining their dreams". As I've told many people, if my kid ever wanted to be an entertainer, I would sit them down and say, "When you're 18, you can chase whatever dreams you want, but until then, it's my job to keep you safe. Every kid in the entertainment business gets raped and hooked on drugs and I'm absolutely not going to look the other way and let that happen to you. I'm sure you're upset, but when you're older you'll thank me."

People still give me sh*t about that. "They'll hate you! You'd be ruining their lives in a different way!" Good, fine. It's a lot better a kid tells their therapist about their parents who didn't let them run off to Hollywood, rather than about how Bryan Singer raped them and nobody did anything about it. Isn't it? You're their parent, not their friend. Anyone who would let their kids anywhere near the industry knowing predators operate openly and with impunity needs to be locked up too, as far as I'm concerned.

This sh*t is gross.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote