View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 09:36 AM   #29
Prowler
Emperor

I think that nowadays, cartoons simply aren't as important for kids as they were back in the 80s-90s. I mean, obviously kids still watch them, but back then kids had to wake up early on weekends to be able to watch their favourite cartoons. Nowadays there's TV networks airing cartoon series 24/7. And there's so many animated series nowadays and each doesn't last that long aside from some exceptions, so it's hard for a cartoon series to hit big and hog all the spotlight for a few years like the 87 toon did back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I was one of those original kids from the 80's who loved the original cartoon, movies, etc....and became a teenager when the 2k3 series was airing.

I was 16, or just turned 17, back in 2003 when the show started. As a teenager the show was everything I wanted, and I felt like the Turtles finally had a serious action show on par with Batman: TAS, etc.

A lot of you are forgetting the original fanbase like myself were teenagers when the 2k3 series was airing, so for those of us still interested in the franchise we watched it seriously. Some other teenagers were probably in the, "I need to outgrow cartoons" phase and for that reason didn't watch it.

Damn, I was only 15 when Volume 4 started in 2001. Jesus Christ I am getting old.
Yeah, I definitely felt like the franchsie had grown with me. By the time the 4Kids series came out I was getting in my teens and starting to find the 87 toon not so cool and edgy anymore, so it was a breath of fresh air. And like I've said a few times before, desptie being born in 1990 I was able to get into the 87 toon in the late 90s/early 2000s due to it rerunning often on a cable network in my country. I got heavily into it in 2002-2003. So by the time the 4Kids series came out, I was still watching the FW series lol. Another user, Wesley from Ireland, said the same ting happened in his country.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote