View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 05:34 AM   #95
2K3
Foot Soldier

After re-watching the four seasons of TMNT 2012, my biggest gripe is that something went wrong after all the Season 1 writers left.. No offence to Brandon Auman and other writers, but outside of episodes written by Nicole Dubac, Christopher Yost, and Greg Weisman, some of the episodes felt too episodic and less connected to a main plot, and if it did something felt missing.

I'd have loved for the following plot-lines to have been explored:

1) More mystery to April's Mother and the family's connection to the Kraang.
2) More episodes focused on Rahzar and Fishface, who just seemed to vanish pass Season 2.
3) Tiger Claw's backstory should have been explored sooner, and his loyalty to the Shredder should have been tested in Season 4, especially considering his disgust in Saki killing Splinter and dooming everyone.
4) The Mighty Mutanimals should have been introduced sooner in my opinion; I think the events of "Metalhead Rewired" in Season 2 would have been the perfect introduction to the team (as most of them were kidnapped by the Kraang). Plus, Mutagen Man should join the team (I mean, they're not doing anything with him).
5) Certain Story arcs, such as Karai's Mutation, Northampton, and Turtles in Space went on for too long and should have been shortened down.
6) Less homages to past characters in other series; I was cool with Bebop and Rocksteady, the Mutanimals and Muckman I was cool with... but the Punk Frogs, Shredder Mutants, Neutrinos, Wingnut and Screwloose served no purpose but to just say "Remember these characters".
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote