View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 11:28 AM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

These aren't necessarily my #1 favorite of each, just what first comes to mind.

NES: Never owned it, but emulate it plenty. One thinks of Super Mario Bros for the obvious reason.

SNES: Donkey Kong Country. Played sooo much of this, both on my own, & with my parents. Beautiful graphics, killer music, amazing level design, definitely a defining title of the console & era.

Gameboy: Super Mario Land 2. Probably what got the most re-play value. Of course, Pokemon comes to mind for its prolific status.

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot. Need I say more?

Gamecube: Super Monkey Ball 2. I went in on those mini-games. Such a charming little title with a lot of play variety, charming visuals & upbeat tunes.

Gameboy Advance: Castlevania Circle Of The Moon. First one I got/played. Remains a stand-out in the series for me.

Playstation 2: The Godfather. I am a huge fan of that film series & the game it spawned. So fun being a part of that universe, with most of the original cast involved & everything. Bought the Wii port after the fact, & I very seldom double dip!

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy. Innovative as hell, beautiful, endlessly fun. Was my first with the system, too.

DS: Pokemon Platinum, it's what I bought the thing for, & it got me back into Pkmn after skipping gen 3.

3DS: Nothing leaps to mind immediately, which is odd considering this is one of my all time favorite consoles. Hmm, I guess I'd say Mario Kart 7, 'cause it made me care about that series. Previously I wasn't too invested (I know, this probably comes as a surprise).

Wii U: Yoshi's Wooly World. The first time since Yoshi's Island that a Yoshi game was genuinely amazing & worthy of comparison to the OG.

Switch: Mario Odyssey, having a wonderful play-through of that which I started a week ago yesterday.

PC: Portal/TF 2/Half Life, Valve 4 lyfe.

Shout out to Jezzball, a Windows game I played the heck out of on our old Packard Bell 20-something years ago.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote