View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 09:02 PM   #58
DK2
Stone Warrior

I can't imagine how Alterna Comics will last as well with their comics? Will it make it to corner stores or the Macs and 7-11's? From what I recall when they announce their plans earlier this year was to hit the newsstand racks again. Will they be able to survive out there with that corner store or not and will they be at all the other comics stores too? They'll need as much revenue as they can when titles are ordered. Its admirable they're going back to newsprint paper but will anyone care? It'll be interesting to see how far they can last. I don't see why other publishers can't follow suit? I mean I really don't need glossy shiny paper in my comics. The glare when your under a light is so annoying.
I agree maybe one day comics could go down to less pages one day with an increased cover price. I mean the 15 page story could easily happen one day. Thats like going back to comics in the 1970's when they were only 16-17 pages. DC's Suicide Squad now is an example of this. Even though it has the extra back up story.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote