View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #18
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I don't really see the point in doing that. Lately, General Discussion has the more frequent discussion.

At this point with TMNT, there's not a whole lot to fully discuss in the cartoon sections outside new episodes and info relating to the next series. Same with the movies. You can get a discussion out of them, but it does become irritating, especially when a certain someone wants threads locked.

Of course, there's still tons of content that can be discussed. Personally speaking, there just aren't many threads I seek out in TMNT. It brought in many users, that much is true. However, some have fallen out and want to discuss other topics; in general, it does offer some variety as a result.

I will admit that as of late, General Discussion has had a few bad threads. Some of them have been locked, some are in usage. I do feel Current Events should be locked in the distant future because there's really no activity in it. Powder said it best earlier, it's just not working with the current crop of users on specific topics compared to past users.

Locking anything else would be a detrimental blow, especially the Everything Else, Movie, and Video Game sections. There's a ton of content in them, so what would be the point of locking it? You're essentially asking for the forums to speed up their decline by removing a good percentage worth of discussion.