View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
K.Rool has been retconned, his last appearance was DK64, DK has been in more solo adventures without K.Rool than with him. Him not returning in either Country Returns game sealed his fate. I see no point in Dixie, I gues since she can be an "echo/clone" of Diddy but whatever.
No, Dixie is one of the last Nintendo all-stars from the 90's and was a main character in her own game and is now back in Tropical Freeze. DK only having two reps is absurd and Dixie has been wanted for a long time. Donkey Kong has needed new reps for years especially with it being among Nintendo's best selling franchise.

King K. Rool is now the most requested villain now that Ridley got in, and he was heavily requested since Smash U. King K. Rool was in King of Swing and Jungle Climber and it doesn't matter that he's not in the recent games, he's still in 80% of the mainline DK games.

Quote:
Captain Toad I think might be difficult because Peach already uses Toad a lot, but if Captain Toad gets a spin-off every gen then yeah he'll eventually appear but not on Ultimate. Arms could go either way, I mean the game didn't do THAT well and Sakurai doesn't usually add newer stuff until it's proven.
It's not "tricky," Captain Toad has his own game and an entire moveset to pull out of. Captain Toad debuted in Mario Galaxy in 2007 and then appeared in every game since, and got his own spinoff.

Likewise with Daisy in, and Waluigi still an Assist trophy...there really are no other Mario reps to choose from. Pauline is also shown singing on the stage of the new Mario Odyssey level so she won't be playable either.

Captain Toad is likely, I doubt Daisy will be the only new Mario rep for the game
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote