View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
While, I'm a couple years behind due to money issues, the Archie Sonic Comic has been a staple of my reading schedule since I picked up issue #0 as a kid. I didn't expect it to last forever, certainly not into my 30s, but it was comforting that it did.

It's also by far my favorite Sonic continuity and kept favourite characters like Sally, Bunnie, and Rotor relevant long after the rest of the franchise abandoned them for more "game-based" characters.

The end of an era, and possibly the end of me caring all that much about Sonic in general (though the "Sonic Boom" cartoon makes me laugh).
We seem to be in the same boat on the Archie Sonic comics. This is the reason why I still hold the Sonic franchise up as high as I do after the year 2000. These comics are what have kept my interest in the characters and I love that they've always kept all of the underused 1990's characters alive in their comics. You can't find Mighty, Ray, Nack, Bean, Bark, or the Freedom Fighters (SatAM) anywhere else. Sonic Mania is looking very good but I've been burned before on possibly good Sonic games in the past. We'll just have to wait and see on both counts.