View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #87
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
So, it goes beyond just work. Depending on a person's individual circumstances, sometimes your entire LIFE is controlled by other people and what they think. It isn't fair, but I definitely think that we set kids up for future frustration when we tell them as kids "What other people think of you doesn't matter," when it absolutely, totally, definitely does. How MUCH it matters depends on your own individual standards of happiness.
For my own part, I actually have very few people in my life (which doesn't bother me) so I'm probably at an advantage there.

Sometimes I just get frustrated with the stupidity of it all - and if I'm being honest, this is probably a contributing factor to why I have few people in my life - dealing with other people is a lot of hard work, and I made the choice to opt out of it. I'm happy left to my own devices, so for my part, it hasn't been a difficult trade-off.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote