View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 07:37 AM   #37
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Honestly, I genuinely can't even imagine the possibility of them not doing the whole Dragon thing during City at War for several reasons. City at War is supposed to be the culmination of the entire story so far. There is absolutely no way they'd dedicate such a major portion of it setting up something we won't get any payoff for until AFTER this story that, in many ways, is meant to feel like a finale for the last 50 issues. They wouldn't have Kitsune popping up to Karai right as the set-up for the storyline started. We wouldn't have a massive mini with arguably the most beloved artist who's worked on the run at the helm of it just as this colossal storyline begins. They wouldn't foreshadow the implications of Karai's sword and its connections to the Pantheon..

You mention pacing, but, even though the story feels like it's taking its time due to month-long gaps between issues, it's actually going extremely quickly. We've only gone through one issue of this arc and **** has already hit the fan, with Splinter's Chunin potentially being sent to the chopping block.

There's a very clear way this story can transition into Pantheon territory. The first half of the story deals with the war between Splinter and Karai. #96, Karai seems to win the war with Splinter's dying, Kitsune makes her move, Saki comes back from the dead. The reason why I'm so sure all of this will happen, in particular Splinter's death, is because please Bobby, don't let Redeemer win, I've so much more to live for.
You're not afraid that'll feel somewhat rushed? It could go either way, the wrap-up to City at War could easily fill all 8 issues of the arc without even getting into the Shredder/Dragon and Pantheon stuff.

I actually had a dream last night where I read a reply by Bobby over on his thread saying this would spill over onto issues #102-103.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote