View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #132
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I've always been curious how you guys decide which artist is going to work on which story, obviously Santaclous has top pick, but how does that all boil down for you guys? And how can one be considered for such a task?
Hmm, that's a good question, but also difficult for me to answer. It's a mix of gut feeling who would be best suited for the story, and who is available. For instance, with TMNT #51-54: Cory Smith was meant to do that entire storyline, but he gave me a good heads up when Marvel came calling for him to do Nova. So, looking at artists that I admired, I started to see who might be interested and available. I thought Ken Garing could handle something relatively somber and dark and with lots of ninja action. Meanwhile, I thought Michael Dialynas would be good fit for the many mutants, some of them goofy, of the subsequent storyline.

Best way to get on my radar is to do some kick ass art in some comic books I come across! I don't hire anyone without a good deal of established professional experience, so step one is to get some books published!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote