View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #616
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Dude, I get that but my point is that it's an approach that maybe they thought on one hand it doesn't make sense for a sister to be a few generations older than the other. But filling me in with the above context, totally understand with what you are saying.

Technically they are not biologically related. Ben was Peter's dad's brother. May was aunt by marriage. But yes the age difference was sort of a big part of the comics. And she wasn't ALWAYS old. People forget that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Aunt May had a little-known boyfriend I think in the late '80s to '90s. They lived in a nursing home. I haven't read the issue itself but Vulture apparently visited the home (since in the comics he's old as dirt) and shenanigans ensued, resulting in May's boyfriend being killed. A little later Vulture kidnapped Aunt May, the twist being that he only takes her somewhere where he can apologize for killing him.

She did indeed and it was a great story. This is one of the very instances in the comics I was referring to. May being in danger from villains going after Spidey, along with various other risks of her knowing his secret, were some of the main reasons he never told her. Including her age and health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Cheers for the info! I think I found it: Amazing Spiderman Vol 1 #224

I've read this one and it was very good. There is a lot of great material in the early comics. Even as far as the infamous AS-M #350 issue with Harry's drug-related death. They really need to dig into some of those older stories for the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Yes, and it is followed up on in Amazing Spider-Man #336 while the fallout happens in a bittersweet Spectacular Spider-Man#187.
I second this.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote