View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #4645
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
The reason Raph didn't have to earn the leadership role is because this is a completely different take on it. They're clearly going to set it up so that Leo takes the top spot.

I don't mind having Leo eventually taking over and having things the way we're used to but please don't insult us Raph fans by having his leadership role stripped from him because they just have to make him out to be an idiot. I want there to be a good legitimate reason for Leo taking over. I predict it'll play out a lot less favorably though unfortunately.
Would be nice if they could do it without drama. But also not in a way that's pointless.

I think I've mentioned it once before, but going at it from this direction, where everyone presumes Leo will take over at some point... I'd actually kind of prefer a somewhat reluctant Leo. Going about it in a way that will soften the transition.

Let them ALL start showing signs of various talents, including Leo who becomes apparent that he's really good with strategy, etc, and does really good on the occasion that he steps up when need be. Let his BROTHERS notice and point out these traits to him. Have Leo be kind of reluctant to take the lead sometimes, leaving his bothers to push him to do it in certain situations that he has shown at being really good at handling, letting THEM tell him that they NEED him to step up and push him to do it. And Raph himself trying to convince Leo, telling him that he's really good at it and that the team needs him to step up on whatever mission.

It would at least give his brothers, esp Raph, some better involvement in the transition with less competitiveness, nor create a resentful situation, if Raph himself is involved in admitting that his brother is talented in that position.

Although sadly I'm not sure how well a scenario with a reluctant Leo would actually mesh with the cocky one they're creating.