View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #3195
victory_angel
Foot Elite

So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I know this is a bit late, but I as I was rewatching the show, I had this thought. For those who were saying the final episode can't be canon due to the contradictions between the future shown and what Renet said, consider this. Renet never said she was from Earth's future, just the future. Likewise, she never said they save Earth a bunch of times, but that they save the world, which could refer to any number of things, possibly whatever world she's actually from. Lastly, due to the events of "Earth's Last Stand," there's another set of turtles out in space, who would never experience the destruction of Earth. It's possible that Renet was never referring to our turtles, as she went back in time to before there were two sets. She told our turtles what she told them, not realizing that the turtles who would go on to be legendary were a completely different set of turtles that didn't exist yet. It's possible the other turtles ended up settling on her world due to the people's resemblance to the denizens of Earth. There isn't anything to 100% confirm this theory, but it seems pretty plausible when you take all of the above into account.
Actually Renet does tell them that they saved the world many times. In the moment where she’s telling the Turtles that in the Future where she is from they are well known to the point of being seen as legendary. Donnie then scoffingly asks “Please...you’re saying your from the future, and you’re saying we’re important enough to be in history books? You expect us to believe that?!” Renet then responds by saying “Yes, you saved the world...many times.”

Typically when someone says “the World” they do mean the Earth since this is the only world we have currently. So yes that does mean they did save Earth on numerous occasions.

Though Renet isn’t really from Earth, in most incarnations she’s from she is from the 79th dimension of Null Time which is a world between all time and space.

Last edited by victory_angel; 01-18-2018 at 10:28 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote