View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I was so stupid and naive. I loved Linkin Park and their songs. They were my absolute favorite back when they were new, when MTV still had videos and top tens. I should known they were from the heart, that he was putting his own personal feelings and experiences into it. I don't know, I just thought his music and overall suicidal/depression themes were part of the whole 'emo music scene' because it was cool and was what was 'in' at the time.

I think most of us never saw the signs of what he was going through internally and I guess his inner demons finally became too much that he had to leave this world. I'm just shocked. When someone at work told me, I thought it was fake news, I had to Google it and see for myself. My first reaction was honestly 'OMG SO HE WAS SERIOUS???!"

I'm still shocked. Linkin Park was such a big part of that time of my life. I mean, that was my jam. And as much as the BayFormers sequels sucked (I still loved the first one, who knew what was to come), it was awesome hearing a new Linkin Park single in the end credits. The videos were awesome. He's one of the few people I bought CDs from.

I'm just surprised. R.I.P Chester. May you finally find some peace. But rest assured, for so many of us, you did leave us reasons for you to be missed. I'm sure you helped a lot of troubled teens get past their suicidal thoughts, I wish we could have gotten to you and saved you too.

EDIT- I just noticed that Cybercubed tag. Come on now, that's just going too far. I personally, find him an annoyance, but I'd never wish death upon the guy.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote