View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 04:05 AM   #43
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'll never understand why some people feel pressure to have kids at all, regardless of when. Kids are a needless complication, and there's already plenty of 'em, they don't need anyone popping out more. Planet's full, people. Get a puppy, it costs a lot less and leaves a much smaller carbon footprint. Not to mention it'll never grow up to become a stripper, or waste all the money you worked your whole life for on a liberal arts degree, or put you in a crooked nursing home like the one on 60 Minutes.

I could never be half as self-centered, narcissistic, womanizing OR obnoxious if I had kids to worry about, and by that point, I think I'd just as soon not even show up. I don't need that hassle. I can get drunk at 11am if I feel like it. You can't do that when you have kids. Well, I mean, you can... but it's frowned upon, generally.

Don't worry about being in your 30s and not having any kids, as that's more of a sign you're way, way ahead of the game. And you can still pick up chicks once you hit 30, it's just a lot harder to pick them up at the mall, high school football games, or the bowling alley on a Saturday afternoon. At least without getting a lot of stares and whispers.
It's easier for us guys to say that , but for the ladies approaching their 30s they have to worry about the biological clock if they want children of their own.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote