View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 04:49 AM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was very curious what the liberal agenda would be in this shooting, as this shooting is completely counter to the Florida one that had all the high schoolers protesting. This was a 17 year-old child, not an adult, that grabbed his dad's guns (and we can get into a separate discussion about the parents' stake in the blame here and I'm all for that, and I do believe they have a large stake of blame in things for at least two reasons I can think of)... literally not one thing David Hogg and the others have been protesting for "gun reform" (moving legal gun age to 21, banning "assault-style rifles") would have done one thing to prevent this. Handguns are legal. Shotguns are legal. Neither are scary-looking "assault-style rifles" and this child bypassed all laws by simply... grabbing daddy's guns and stuffing them in a backpack.

So here's the angle:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...e-guns/560771/

"We want to get rid of all guns. Because other countries. And this."

Yikes. But at least... honest, now, since I guess there's really no other angle to attack this vs. the last one? Bring on the UK bins with the butterknife and screwdriver deposit symbol next (as literally exists now in the UK), I guess?