View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #25
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Again, I think the line gets blurry here... If you say "It was the temptation that made me do it!" aren't you technically blaming yourself by saying "I was weaker than the temptation"? It's bit of a circular way of thinking...
At the end of the day it's just semantics, but to me blaming the temptation is like saying one had no control.
One has control, one just decided not to heed it.
It's...cowardly passing of the buck.

I'd expect better from a guy who's really vocal about being against the whole, "Guys just don't have self control. Amirite?" thing.

Quote:
Didn't say it was; merely stressing how common the lifestyle of having multiple partners in the film industry is.
It's not just the film industry, but I catch your meaning.
The issue here isn't that he wanted to sleep around, it's that his committed lifepartner didn't give consent.

At very least that's a betrayal of trust, at most...he literally put her life in danger.

Quote:
I think there was a thread about this not too long ago... I generally conceded that unless there was an occurrence that was personally targeted against me, I have no problem consuming art or entertainment from whatever source it comes. A favourite youtuber of mine, Passion of the Nerd, posted this and pretty much sums up my feelings...

Especially in the case of Whedon, where things like television and film have so many hands involved in the creative process.
For me it's a matter of money.
Do I want my money going into the pocket of someone I find abhorrent?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote