View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #41
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Creepy little Wyrm story... The guy's awesome, though! I have to say I didn't much care for the way Mikey's face and expressions were drawn, he almost looked straight out of TMNT Adventures with that derpy look on his face (the issue that introduced Jagwar comes to mind as particularly bad), nor the almost immediate way the policewoman accepted his existence and presence in the sewers. She's investigating a kidnapping, just so happens to run into a weird humanoid turtle at the crime scene, and thinks nothing of it? Huh. Might wanna hold back on making her a detective after all.
I interpreted that as Officer Lin having heard the rumors of mutant sightings by other police officers and private citizens (since the Turtles and other mutants have been roaming around NYC for quite a while now and they haven't always been too low-key), and she was just trying to play it cool and not freak out in front of Mikey since he is so obviously laid-back and not a threat to her.

I mean, he saves her life within the first few moments of them encountering each other, it'd be pretty ungrateful for her to be all like "Get away from me, you monster!"
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote