View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 06:13 AM   #56
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Nah, he's not being a jerk. The shows have almost nothing in common other than the TMNT brand. Rise is really really terrible.
I'm a huge TMNT fan, as are my 6 and 9 year old boys. I absolutely hate this show!! You would think my boys would like it but NO...they don't! Their first comment watching it was "why did they take off the other show to put this on!?".
I can get past the visuals of the show if it was even remotely entertaining story-wise. I find the writing is terrible, especially for Splinter and April! I could care less that they changed April's ethnicity, but does she have to speak like a stereotypical ghetto girl? The sad thing is, the actress who plays her sounds nothing like that. She's a very beautiful and talented actress and would come across much better if she just used her normal voice. And don't get me started on Splinter...what's the point of this bloated, tv watching, juvenile acting idiot?!
Ok.... I've griped enough. I enjoy collecting TMNT merchandise and have a HUGE collection, but I will not be supporting this show. When we first saw the figures in the store I asked my 6 year old if he wanted a set of the turtles and he quickly responded with "no thanks"!

Last edited by rickwj324; 11-03-2018 at 09:57 AM.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote